Thursday, October 4, 2007

It's Fall!











Cool crisp mornings, apple cider, pumpkin bread, weather FINALLY cold enough for wearing sweaters, the changing of the leaves. . .nothing beats this time of year. Autumn is my favorite season, a time when we go for drives up the canyon, collect and press leaves in golds, oranges, and reds, spend our last evenings outside before the freeze, and for me, a time to reflect on that fall when Brett and I fell in love.

We took a drive on a dirt road a week or so ago when my Mom was visiting and stopped along the way to get some branches of leaves for Anna. When I climbed back in the car on one occasion Quinn looked and me and simply said, "fall peese" so I handed him a branch of red maple leaves and he was satisfied. This pleased me, even my little guy wanted to feel this season and take in what he could of it!








2 comments:

Blackburns said...

I love the fall too. I wish there was more color in California. Next year I think I want to go somewhere where the leaves actually change colors. I miss the New England fall colors. -Kim

Jessica G. said...

Can I just say how much Anna looks like you? Just don't get her any high-heeled white disco boots...